2015

Python iblox Module Released

Good morning!

I would like to announce that I have finally finished an initial release of a new/recently Open Soruce project named iblox! This Python module is a highly extensible wrapper for the Infoblox WAPI. This project has been in the works for over a year now inside my employer, Level 3 Communications, but I was just recently granted approval to make it open source.

Hope you enjoy the module and if you have any questions/issues please visit my BitBucket page for the project: https://bitbucket.org/isaiah1112/infoblox

Python sshreader Module Released

Good morning!

I would like to announce that I have finally finished an initial release of a new/recently Open Soruce project named SSHreader! This Python module sets the Paramiko SSH module on top of Python’s multiprocessing and multithreading capabilities to allow a developer to run and collate SSH jobs to hundreds of UNIX machines almost simultaneously. This project has been in the works for over a year now inside my employer, Level 3 Communications, but I was just recently granted approval to make it open source.

Hope you enjoy the module and if you have any questions/issues please visit my BitBucket page for the project: https://bitbucket.org/isaiah1112/sshreader

Bye Bye Scripts

Thought I would drop a quick line “on the line” and just let everyone know that as of this moment I am not going to be developing the following projects anymore:
  • ASTwitterLibrary
  • LittleBirdOSX
  • Lyricatcher
The primary reason for the first two is that some of the changes that twitter has made in recent years (moving all API replies to JSON for example) has made native AppleScript support for using their API very difficult. Some of the functions within ASTwitterLibrary (and the ‘black boxes’ that drive them in ASObject) might continue to function but unless Apple decides it wants to include JSON parsing native in Applescript, similar to how they did XML parsing, or Twitter decides to return XML output, which is doubtful, I think it is the end of the line for these two projects.

Lyricatcher I have decided to retire (and maybe re-write at some point) only because I am not sure how much it is actually used. Some of the sites which is parses lyrics from are constantly changing their methodology of trying to protect the lyrics from someone scraping them (exactly what I am doing) and at the moment it is too hard to keep up with.

Perhaps sometime in the future I will dust these projects off again and see if I can’t breathe new life into them but for now it is good bye.