Jesse Almanrode

Jesse Almanrode

Site Updated

You may have noticed things look a bit different around here lately. That is because I’ve recently completed a migration to using HUGO for my CMS. I chose HUGO becuase of its ability to control an entire site using static files and Markdown meaning that I can store the content of my site in Git and keep its history there. Alongside HUGO I’m using hugodeploy to help me build/publish the changes to content here.

Iblox Released

Good morning! I would like to announce that I have finally finished an initial release of a new/recently Open Soruce project named iblox! This Python module is a highly extensible wrapper for the Infoblox WAPI. This project has been in the works for over a year now inside my employer, Level 3 Communications, but I was just recently granted approval to make it open source. Hope you enjoy the module and if you have any questions/issues please visit my BitBucket page for the project: https://bitbucket.

SSHreader Released

Good morning! I would like to announce that I have finally finished an initial release of a new/recently Open Soruce project named SSHreader! This Python module sets the Paramiko SSH module on top of Python’s multiprocessing and multithreading capabilities to allow a developer to run and collate SSH jobs to hundreds of UNIX machines almost simultaneously. This project has been in the works for over a year now inside my employer, Level 3 Communications, but I was just recently granted approval to make it open source.

Bye Bye Scripts

Thought I would drop a quick line “on the line” and just let everyone know that as of this moment I am not going to be developing the following projects anymore: ASTwitterLibrary LittleBirdOSX Lyricatcher The primary reason for the first two is that some of the changes that twitter has made in recent years (moving all API replies to JSON for example) has made native AppleScript support for using their API very difficult.

ASObject 0.9 Released

Good afternoon! I just finished uploading ASObject 0.9 and I must say I am very happy to announce that is available for all of you to download. There have been a TON of changes in this release that are helping me gear up for the 1.0 release of ASObejct (which, hopefully will not be more than a year out). Please be sure to read through the change log to ensure that you don’t get bit by one of the major changes that happened in this release!